I chose to study Literature and Critical Theory and Society and Law because I love to read and I believe there is so much one can learn from reading books. I am also interested in ethics and society and how they intersect within the law. I love how I can study a variety of different things in my program, and always learn something new.
2. How do you plan to use your studies to achieve your future career plans?
I plan to use the critical thinking and writing skills I develop to attend law school and to be able to help people in the future.
3. What do you hope to do after you graduate?
I am planning on going to law school to pursue my J.D.
4. How did the ORCA Student Grant help you achieve your academic goals?
The ORCA Student Grant allowed me to reduce my work hours so that I could better focus on my academics and curriculars.
5. What do you do for fun, when you are not studying?
I love to read and to write. I mostly write poetry and short stories! I play the guitar and I love to just listen to all types of music. I also love to go swimming and boxing.
6. I know you like to volunteer for and be part of Romanian activities, such as folk dances and carolling. Do you feel being part of groups like “Banatul” enriched you? What other events you would like to see taking place among the Romanian Community?
Definitely, being part of a Romanian community makes me feel at home even though I am far away. It’s a wonderful way for me to stay connected to my heritage and where I come from. I think incorporating more events focused on the Arts would be good for the Romanian Community. There are so many talented Romanian artists, singers, and filmmakers so it would be great to see their art showcased here.
7. Can you share with us how you found the application process for the ORCA Student Grant?
I found it simple and straightforward!
8. What would you recommend for those interested in applying next year?
I would recommend having a fun time while writing the essay because it really makes one reflect back on their heritage.
9. Have you considered becoming an ORCA Youth member?
Yes, I definitely want to look into that!
10. Is there anything else you would like to add?
Good luck to all the applicants this year!
Interview by Anca Mitu